The best way to wash and dry makeup brushes
Posted on May 16 2020
When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes? How did you feel about your washing process? Did you end up with spreading a towel and laying all of your brushes and sponges on it to dry? Not the prettiest sight, hah? RIVANLI brush drying rack is based on the same idea of laying the brushes to dry on a flat surface - only it's much better. Find out why.
THE BEST WAY TO WASH MAKEUP BRUSHES AND SPONGES
To wash your brushes in the fastest way, follow these steps:
- Take a deep and wide container, such as a wide coffee mug, and fill it in with about 1 inch of water. Add a bit of liquid soap to the water- any soap will do. Put all of your brushes in the mug, with the fibres in the water. Make sure that the water surface doesn't cover any of the brushes' ferrules. The soap in the water will start to break down the dirt, what will make the next step easier and faster.
- Take a brush, dip it in a liquid soap of your choice (or swirl it on a solid soap), and shampoo the brush until it starts to foam, and up to the point where you see that all of the dirt was successfully removed. (Some brushes, especially the foundation and concealer brushes, might be harder to clean, and you will need to wash it with water and shampoo it again).
- Instead of washing the brush at this point, put it on the RIVANLI mini pink tray. The brush will wait there until you finish shampooing all of your brushes. This will make the process so much more organised, and much quicker.
- When your are done shampooing all of your brushes, take each brush out of the tray, and wash the soap off. (You can also take few small brushes and wash them all at once).
- Squeeze the water out of the brush the best as you can.
THE BEST WAY TO DRY MAKEUP BRUSHES AND SPONGES
- Put the brush to dry on the RIVANLI drying rack. The brushes are going to the middle and bottom trays- with the rubber band in the front. Put the back side of the brush on the small step at the back of the tray, with the ferrule of the brush on the pink rubber band, and the fibres beyond the rubber band. By placing the fibres beyond the rubber band, you will speed up the drying process, since you are allowing air to circulate the brush 360 degrees. However, if the brush is too short, you can place the fibres on the tray itself- the gird of the tray will allow air circulation, which will prevent bacteria and mold buildups, or the formation of a bad smell.
- You can finish at step 6, but if you want to help your brushes dry even faster, take this extra step: Once you've placed all of your cleaned brushes on the RIVANLI drying rack, take a dry cloth, and use it to squeeze again each brush. The cloth will soak most of the water that is left in the brush, what will obviously make it dry faster.
Why using RIVANLI brush drying rack is the best way to dry your brushes and sponges
- The mini tray will help your washing process be faster and more organized.
- By placing your makeup brushes on trays, you are not limited to the shapes and lengths of the brushes that you can put to dry: the brush could be fat or thin, long or short, standard shaped or unique shaped (i.e. fan brushes) - no matter what its shape is- it will find its place. You don't need to take an extra time to figure out where to place each brush. HUGE time and headache saver!
- Laying brushes on trays is simply the quickest and easiest way to put your brushes to dry, especially when you are washing a large amount of brushes at a time.
- With RIVANLI you also have a place for your beauty sponges.
- The RIVANLI drying rack allows air circulate around your brushes and sponges, which will help them dry faster, and prevent bacteria and mold buildups, and the formation of bad smells.
- Unlike towels, you can move the brush drying rack from place to place easily.
- It just looks better than a towel on a table, isn't it?